The HR Strategist: February 2020
In this issue:
- 2020: HR Focus
- Is it Time to Make a Switch?
- Frequently Asked Questions: HRi
HR: Areas to Focus on in 2020
Finding qualified workers has become high in competition, and specific skills are lacking in almost every industry. So, when you find the right talent, you must act fast. However, convincing them to choose your organization is becoming more difficult since everyone is chasing the few qualified candidates.
3 Areas to Focus on in 2020
- HR departments/companies must constantly find new ways to engage employees. The happiest, most loyal and productive employees are well-trained, well-informed and highly appreciated by their employers. To increase the chances of attracting and retaining the best talent, companies and HR must keep employees engaged this way.
Including Upper-Management’s Help
- Finding the right talent and convincing them to join and stay with the company falls onto HR’s plate. However, studies show that organizations gain more talent if upper-management is involved. This allows them to also filter through potential talent, and ensure the company is making the right decision. By improving the connection between management and HR, companies can implement structures and strategies that increase value through shared goals.
- The well-being of employees is a trend that will become prominent within 2020. Items like employee physical and mental health and financial prosperity, have been on the forefront for some time. These will soon be treated as chief priorities of successful companies. HR should begin finding ways to address issues at a personal level. Therefore, experts encourage companies to begin treating employees as individuals rather than groups. Companies should stop offering subsidized gym memberships; and instead, offer collective incentives such as a “fitness credit” that can be used towards any type of physical activity.
Companies must remember that finding, acquiring and retaining talent is the most important aspect in today’s workforce. If this area is neglected, it soon becomes difficult to remain competitive. Don’t get left behind! Start making these subtle changes, and you’ll remain successful throughout 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions: HRi
We receive quite a few questions about what we do and what we offer. So, we have developed an easy point of access for all things HRi. Keep reading for more information!
- What types of services do you offer?
- Human Resources inc. (HRi) offers their clients the opportunity to excel their businesses through Payroll & Tax Administration, Benefits Management, Human Resources Solutions, Worker’s Compensation + Risk Management, 401(k) Administration, and High-Touch Communication.
- To be a client of HRi, do I have to participate in all services?
- Absolutely not! We believe in listening and understanding your needs to develop a custom plan that’s right for you.
- Is there a fee to process W-2’s, or is that included?
- We believe you shouldn’t have to worry about distributing and uploading your company’s W-2. Our W-2’s are included in your package price and are mailed and uploaded to your secure employee portal for 24/7 availability.
- Does your fee include tax filings, and subsequent responses to tax inquiries?
- We file all requisite forms as part of the payroll process [State/Federal (940, 941, etc.)]. We assist in the need to any requests, and submit on-time either quarterly or annually, as designated.
- If I have a question, how do I get in contact with you?
- HRi is unlike any other. Rather than receiving an 1-800 number, you are assigned a dedicated Client Service Specialist to directly assist you with your questions whenever need be.
All other FAQ’s can be found here: HRi FAQ (continued)
4 Signs it’s Time to Upgrade your Payroll System
Your employee’s paychecks are not just a product of their hard-work; it’s their livelihood. Therefore, the process of getting them their paycheck in a timely manner, matters tremendously. So, if your current payroll process does not create a positive employee experience, there’s a higher potential of losing employees. Here are some tall-tale-signs it might be time to switch your payroll system:
Inaccurate or LATE Paychecks
- In America, 78% of workers are living paycheck to paycheck. Let that statistic sink-in. The impact an inaccurate paycheck can have on an employee’s day-to-day life can be detrimental. Therefore, payroll cannot afford to make mistakes when processing and delivering paychecks. Your payroll process should put people first, which is exactly what HRi does. We work tirelessly to ensure our team of experts are here to consistently support your employee’s concerns, paychecks and needs.
Poor Customer Service
- Studies have shown 56% of company decision-makers indicate customer service is more important than the functionality of a product. Terrible customer service can lead to frustration, and disengagement with your employees. At HRi, our high-touch communication allows you to develop a personal relationship with our team of experts.
- Features like self-service employee and manager portals allow your workforce and employees to access their pay information, view tax documents, and are vital to your employee experience. Ultimately, it frees up the company’s time and allows them to focus on strategic plans within the organization.
High Hidden Costs
- Did you know outsourcing your payroll can save you money? Payroll automation can reduce payroll costs by almost 80%! Yes, you read that correctly. Many insufficiencies within your current process are ultimately the source of additional costs related to an outdated payroll system. When you outsource your payroll, your outsourcers are guaranteed to offer and process your payroll with the most recent system on the market.
Can you or your business relate to any of these points? If so, it might be time to upgrade your payroll. Still can’t decide on if you should stay or go? Then ask yourself, “Does it meet your business needs?”; “Does it exceed them?”. If you answered ‘yes’ to both questions, you may want to consider outsourcing your payroll. Here’s why:
- If it doesn’t meet your needs, chances are your employees aren’t happy or receiving the experience they wish.
- If it exceeds them, it may be becoming too much of a burden to maintain it all.
HRi promises to make your needs and concerns our #1 priority. We’ll handle all aspects of payroll from self-service portals to submitting tax payments. We’re a company where people matter. Learn how HRi can exceed all your expectations today.
Sending a Friendly and Warm Welcome to
Our Newest Employees!
We want to take the time to introduce and welcome our newest employees, Alissa Howard and Linette Hoyle! Alissa is our newest Client Service Specialist, and Linette is our newest Department Associate and will be helping both the Benefits and Tax Department. HRi is so excited to have you as part of Our Team!